Sunday, October 28, 2007

In re:The Starving Dog Exhibit- A Big Round of Boos

Generally you can't get three people to agree on lunch, but in my travels around Bloggistan, I have found that most of the commentary is negative Actually, the vast majority of it is. At the blog of the Centro Nacional de la Cultura the criticism of the...uh..."artist" was intense. Now my Spanish is rusty, but I was able to pick out the following in quite a number of the comments:
"le falta un poco de imaginacion"
"el arte de la basura"
"Imbecil"
"estupido"
"la torutura no es arte ni cultura"
One guy called Vargas a "puta"- that word might not be in your English-Spanish dictionary . I don't think their P.R. is going well folks. And rightly so.One disturbing thing about this to me is that people weren't allowed to feed the dog obviously, but who was enforcing that?! Museum authorities-and who would they have been, a private security company? Where were the police? Or were they the ones asked to enforce this? If you were the prosecutor, who else would you hold responsible? In my opinion, those in the Gallery administration should be made to resign (and would do voluntarily, if they had any honor and integrity).If you happen to be a Spanish pro (or speak it as a first language), you might find the commentary interesting, just scroll down past the pictures (yes do-I wished I had!), and you will come to the commentary (See previous post for link).

No comments: