Friday, November 2, 2007

Here's One for the Republicans!

MGT Philosophy
By Edward S. Gault

As we drove down I-93
To Boston from Salem
My friend’s father told me
About how he retired
For a year
And just played golf.
About halfway through the year,
It was routine.
When he woke up, he thought
“gee now I have to go play golf”
So he went back to work.
He said he was the manager
of a chain of stores.
When he hired a new manager
He would delegate to them
Responsibility for the whole department
-Let them handle it their own way.
He even gave them a few days off
Before they started
So they would be refreshed
And invigorated
To get to work
And to do the numbers.
Then he said that in the 60’s
He went to this place called The Shark’s Cage
Where people threw beer bottles
At this guy singing in a chicken wire cage.
I wondered if the guy
Ever got a couple of days off,
So he could come back
Refreshed and invigorated
To throw bottles back at the audience.

Copyright 2007

No comments: