Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Long Haul

Have you ever been on a trip where you got a little too much of a particular type of person?

Laura 1993
by Edward S. Gault

Laura was eating from this bag
Of prunes she had
All during the three hour trip.
Considering the bus's air conditioner
Was fritzed out, it would be a long trip.
She explained to me,
(between prunes)
that the bible guaranteed-
It was a sound fact,
She assured me-
that the blood of the lamb
Had washed away all of my sins.
If I would only accept His death as my salvation
(she offered me a prune-
I declined).
She went on to say
That when the Anti-Christ came
The world was going to Perish
For all its' sin-especially abortion.
After all, she said, The Lord commanded
Be fruitful and multiply
And all we did was to kill babies.
She went on this way
For the whole three hours.
I offered her up as my penance.

Copyright 2008

No comments: