Sunday, April 12, 2009

NaPoWriMo Poem #12- And An Easter Haiku

One Single Impression: Live Water

I am participating in National Poetry Month again this year. In addition to the daily haiku that I've somehow managed to keep up since last year, I am taking it up a notch this year and publish an additional poem for NaPoWriMo each day in April. I hope you will be able to come back and look at the NaPoWriMo poems.

Lakeside Meditation
By Edward S. Gault

Looking off across the lake
In the evening, I hold my own
Vespers. Sweet silence draws
Everything in. I'm aware only of the
Water's movement-ripples
Across the surface.
Time stands still, all of
Eternity is present. My spirit finds
Rest in peaceful solitude.

Copyright©2009

Family gathers,
Easter dinner in late noon
-lamb with mint sauce.

Copyright©2009

7 comments:

floreta said...

this stillness is the best kind!

Pam said...

This is beautiful. While I read it I walked to your lake and joined you for vespers.

Quiet Paths said...

Edward; all I could do while reading this is nod my head in understanding. Just beautiful and the essence of live water.

Tumblewords: said...

The continuance of water, of life. Very nice.

gabrielle said...

"sweet silence draws everything in"
I leave feeling refreshed.

qualcosa di bello said...

the moments you describe are what i treasure in my memory...thank you for such a peaceful offering

Tammie Lee said...

lovely what can be found at the lakeside~